Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weight loss "accessories" I won't do without

   I reviewed some of the products I bought that ended up in a yard sale somewhere: not my yard sale because those are way too much work. I'm sure I gave that ill-fated thigh master to someone somewhere who probably ended up with great looking insurable legs.
   I have, on the other hand, come across some items I really feel I don't want to do without. The top goody on my list is my Mio Heart Rate Watch. I love, love, love this thing! I'm a nurse, and I know how to take my pulse so I don't really need that feature. The thing I like about it, and am hooked on, is it gives me a calories burned read out while I'm exercising, and the % of target heart rate I am working at. I entered my weight, age , resting heart rate, and I'm all set. Love it!

Another really important item I bought was a set of Fit N Fresh containers. Actually, I didn't know I bought them. They came in this cool lunch bag.

My lunch bag is zebra print. This is giraffe print. It's okay, too, but I like mine better. So this is the bag and these are the containers.
These things are great! The small ones are one cup containers and are marked for 1/4, 1/2, etc. They fit in the box with lots of room left, and there's a thin freezie thing, too.  I share a fridge with a co-worker and I really like that with my food packed neatly in the box, it doesn't take up much room, and my stuff is all together. Well, not exactly all my food because I take a lot but that's another post. It also makes it easy for me to grab my lunch in the mornings and not forget the important things in the fridge. After I discovered these in my bag, I bought another set at Bed Bath and Beyond. I feel very much in control of my food when I use these containers.
I just found the website for these so obviously I'm going to shop when I am done here.
  I also love my neoprene weights. I have two pound, three pound, 4 pound and 5 pound. I also have a ten pound kettle bell. I don't think I do what I'm supposed to with it;  it's too big. But I have found if I hold it next to my chest when I am dancing around, I burn more calories than without it.
  I have a Bosu ball like this one. I used it previously and recognize its value. I'm just not there yet this time. I will be. I am going to keep this because I will use it again some day soon. But not tomorrow.

My assortment of water bottles are worthy of a their own post so I won't go there tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment