Saturday, May 7, 2011

Listening to Me

My current weight issues have followed me over the past thirty years with ups and downs of the scales every few years. I have become a weight loss expert. I know exactly how to shop, cook, eat, dine out, and behave, in general, as though I am a very healthy person with a normal weight. I am able to advise others very well in these areas also. Unfortunately, I have not been in the habit of listening..... to me.
Did I just say that? I think so. I guess it's a new beginning!
I can only attest to what has worked in the past for me, what didn't work, and what is working now. I can only give a perspective. The habits I am clinging to, the foods I eat, and the philosophy I am developing work for me but not for everyone. Each person with weight problems has to develop his or her own philosophy of healthy eating and exercise, find their own healthy balance in life.
I suppose my blog is the method I have chosen to say "death to the double standard". I am now practicing what I preach. I am listening to me.
Enough of the silly stuff. On to the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment