Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hello, Cakehole Control !

    I am in charge of my cakehole. I realized this was important a long time ago but it seems I rocked along for quite some time  perfectly happy not being in control, which was my undoing. My scale screamed at me that  I was out of control; that I felt hopeless; that my fat was making me a miserable person; that my lack of control over my own oral intake was going to kill me. Yes, my scale said all of that, in 3 digits: 210. I weighed more than two of the contestants on the first Biggest Loser!! I'm actually lying a little bit ; my top weight was 213, after my first trip to Mexico in April, 2008. As I look back on the photo, I realize that I was likely even larger than the scale revealed two weeks after my return. I had become ill as we were leaving Mexico as a result of my lack of.....yes, self control. I drank entirely too many margaritas and beers which resulted in failure to apply sunscreen, and I ended up with a horrible collection of fever blisters which made it difficult for me to eat. It was a difficult lesson to learn, that excess alcohol and sun don't mix.It was a full two weeks before I had the courage, or energy to stand on the scale and face my fatness.
  Since that time, I have become more aware of the effects of food drink on my body and spirit. I have by no means given up all the fun things in life. I have given up  excess. I have become aware that hangovers don't occur only with alcohol; they occur with food  too. A huge slice of chocolate cake with ice cream is just as likely to cause me to feel bad later as a few huge ass beers.
  
Since 2008, my weight has been up and down, (never back to 213!) as have my moods and my degree of self management also been up and down. I have waxed and waned in my efforts to be healthy although the desire is always there. I have binged on food on bad days, and on good days. But I have also seen a change creeping over me over the past year or two: commitment to non-surgical fat removal.


I don't know about you, but isn't life better without the hangover? Have you ever noticed a food hangover? Have you ever noticed an alcohol hangover results in overindulgence in food which results in a food hangover? I have, and I am so glad to be done with that. Saying goodbye to excess has been very good for me. Saying hello to Cakehole Control has been a lifesaver.

By the way, I DID make it to 191 on Friday. So happy I only have one more pound to goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment