Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm Not Trying

It's very important for me to watch other people while on this journey. By watching people, I mean observe the behavior of people who are struggling as I am, and those who have accomplished what I am going to accomplish. I watch them on TV, in magazines, in public. I watch the Biggest Loser, Too Fat for Fifteen, Dance Your Ass off, Heavy, and all the others where fat people get smaller. I read fitness magazines (love them!) and I think it's especially important to read those magazines right before I eat, or (I know I'm not supposed to be distracted during meals!) while I eat. It truly curbs my appetite and makes me think about my goal to look at the healthy women in Fitness, Shape, Women's Health. The models  are much younger than me but the Success Stories are often about women my age. I am inspired, and often in awe of their drive, their perseverance. I soak in it. When I read the story of a woman who has met with much more adverse challenges than I have to meet, I feel driven to accomplish.
"I'll try" is the first step toward failure. Failure is not in my picture , therefore, I won't try.
I will.
I finally made it to 187. Just one more pound to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment