Friday, June 17, 2011

And Then Some

I have been tested this week by personal struggles accompanied by emotional stress I myself can't believe. And I have managed to continue on this road to Bikinidom. I am saddened by so much of what is going on around me, and feeling at such a loss but I did not stuff myself to ease the pain. I continued to remind myself that life's struggles are not better managed on a bloated  stomach and with cankles.
It's not that the bikini is more important than the upheaval taking place in our lives this week`; its just that I have actually developed good habits. Pushing back from the table, only eating when I am truly hungry, and taking half when before I took a whole and then some, are becoming habits. I define a habit as something I have to remind myself  not to do. I'm finding the old habits are just memories now. I can't imagine automatically cleaning my plate. I can't imagine eating an entire 12 ounce steak, a loaded baked potato and a salad with gobs of Thousand Island. Seriously? I did that? Just six months ago I would have nothing of it. In fact, I would have thought I had to eat it all, and then some.
Instead, I think by September,I will buy myself a bikini, or three. And then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment